Terms & Conditions
- All prices include VAT at 20%. No VAT is charged on the deposit itself.
- A discretionary service charge of 12.5% will be added to your bill (not at the bar).
- To confirm your booking, MBER requires a £15 deposit per person for all parties of 5 or more guests in the Restaurant & Cellar Bar.
- A deposit of £25 per guest is required during November, December and Special Events (please refer to MBER.london).
- Deposits for Special Events are non-refundable.
- All bookings are provisionally booked until MBER has received full payment of the deposit.
- Deposits are taken on a pre-authorized basis only.
- Your deposit will be redeemed against your final bill.
Private Hire & Minimum Spends
- MBER applies a ‘minimum spend’ for exclusive use of certain areas in the venue.
- The ‘minimum spend’ is the least amount of money a party must spend for exclusive use of certain areas in the venue.
- If you reach the minimum spend, we will notify the event appointee and your deposit will be redeemed against your final bill.
- Unfortunately, if the minimum spend is not reached, then deposit monies will be retained to the value of the shortfall against the agreed minimum spend.
- To understand our current Private Hire minimum spends please contact email@example.com
How to pay your deposit
- Deposits must be paid in one transaction.
- Payment by credit or debit card (over the phone or in person). MBER process payments via a secured network and we do not keep customer data.
- For bank transfers, we kindly ask all BACS payments are received no later than 2 weeks before the booking date.
- We cannot accept cheques or payments after the date of your booking.
- Please settle all your bill on, or before the date of your booking.
- If you need to cancel your booking, please let us know as soon as possible.
- If you cancel more than 48hrs before your booking, your deposit will be refunded in full.
- If you cancel less than 48hrs before your booking, your full deposit will be retained.
- For parties of 10 people and above, MBER will require at least 72 hours notice for a full deposit refund.
During November, December and Special Events
- If you cancel more than 14 days before your booking, your deposit will be refunded in full.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before your booking, your full deposit may be retained.
- The above also applies if you want to reschedule your booking to another date.
- If your booking is confirmed for 20 people, but only 15 guests turn up, then you will forfeit your deposit for 5 people.
- Sharing menus and menus for Special Events (including our festive set menu) have been designed so that you don’t need to on the day; we will cater for all dietary requirements.
- Your food order needs to be supplied 7 days before the event date to ensure a smooth service.
- We also welcome wine pre-orders.
Damage & General Rules
- MBER reserves the right to retain your deposit should any damage be caused to fixtures and fittings by any member of your party.
- All deposit amounts will be deducted from the final bill without exception unless an alternative arrangement has been agreed with the manager.
- Any monies over and above the minimum spend agreed will be paid on the evening unless BACS is agreed by prior arrangement.
- If the deposit is not to be deducted from the bill this deposit can only be refunded to the card it was originally paid on. No cash refunds are available. This payment can take 5-6 working days and is processed by MBER central accounts.
- The client shall provide final menu choices, any special dietary requirements and final numbers of guests at least 10 working days prior to your event.
- We will attempt to accommodate increases in numbers to your party however, this cannot be guaranteed. Please ensure you give as much notice as possible if the number of guests in your party changes.
- We kindly request you to vacate the area at the agreed time or an additional hire fee may be charged.
- If your booking is made by a third party company which provides additional entertainment, decorations or other facilities, insurance documentation will be required at least 48 hours before attendance on site.
- Only food and drink supplied by MBER can be consumed on the premises.
- Any losses or damages caused to MBER or its property; will be the responsibility of the company or persons that have organised the event and a fee may be charged for any damages incurred.
- MBER will not take responsibility for any items left, lost or misplaced by a member of your party.
- MBER are not liable for any failure or delay in the performance of our services that are beyond reasonable control – these include strikes, terrorist activities, fire or bad weather conditions.
- MBER remind you to drink responsibly and the DPS may ask persons to leave or refuse service to any person at any time.
Hours of Operation
Restaurant seating times:
Tuesday – Friday: 12:00 – 14:45 / 17:30 – 22:30
Saturday: 18:00 – 23:00
The last seating for dinner is 21:45
Bar opening times:
Tuesday – Friday: 12:00 – 00:00
Saturday: 18:00 – 00:00
The restaurant bar is open from Midday